Talk about easy, our Breakfast Burrito recipe goes from "start" to "on your plate" in just 5 minutes. There are so many options and variations possible with this recipe. Make it in a whole wheat tortilla or even a Garlic and Herb 50 calorie wrap. Wanting a little south of the border twist? Add your favorite hot sauce or Tabasco. When you’re finished cooking, wrap your burrito in waxed paper for an on-the-go, mess-free portable breakfast.
- 1 medium egg
- 1 oz. shredded cheese- Monterey Jack
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped cilantro
- ¾ tsp. fresh or dried chives
- Dash of chili powder
- Dash of ground cumin
- 40 calorie tortilla
- ½ tsp. water
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Scramble egg with cilantro, chives, chili powder, ground cumin, and water.
- Warm tortilla (5 sec in microwave or 5 min at 350F in oven).
- Put cheese on tortilla, add scrambled egg mixture, and roll tortilla.
Servings: 1 Replaces: 4 oz. protein, 1 carbohydrate