It's hard to think of something more traditional for Fall than Baked Apples. And even though they make the perfect Fall treat, we think they're so good that you should enjoy them any time of the year! We love using Fuji apples when making this recipe because this Autumn apple has an ideal amount of natural sweetness. The rich flavors of cinnamon and vanilla with the tender, juicy apples will have your taste buds dancing. This is one recipe that will have the whole family asking you to make it again!
- 1 sm. apple, cored and sliced
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 1 drop maple extract
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- In a small microwave-safe dish put butter into the microwave for 10-15 seconds until melted.
- Add vanilla and maple extract to the melted butter.
- In small baking dish pour butter mixture over apple slices and mix until slices are well coated.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 F. or until apples are desired tenderness.
Makes one serving | Replaces: 1 carbohydrate, 1 healthy fat