Bacon Topped Deviled Eggs
Best deviled eggs EVER! Your family will eat them all before the meal even starts. Deviled eggs are perfect for family gatherings and holiday meals, but we love to have them for breakfast on any ole day. Today we've topped them with crispy bacon, adding a little salt and a little crunch to a traditional deviled egg. To cut down on calories and keep them 100% Metabolic friendly we subbed mayo for Greek yogurt and used Dijon mustard to supply a kick of flavor.
- 12 hard-cooked large eggs, peeled
- 6 pieces uncured bacon, cooked crisp
- 2 oz plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard or Dijonnaise
- 1 TBSP chives, chopped
- 3 dill pickles, diced (optional)
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Pop yolks into a food processor; reserve whites.
- Add yogurt and salt to food processor and whirl until smooth, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Transfer yolk mixture to a medium bowl and stir in mustard, 1 tbsp. chives, and pickles.
- Set egg whites on a platter, hollow side up.
- Scoop yolk mixture into shells, for fancier eggs use a piping bag to pipe yolk mixture into shells.
- Sprinkle with crispy bacon pieces. 1 piece of bacon per deviled egg half.
2 egg halves replace: 1/2 protein serving, 1 healthy fat