14 Weight Loss-Friendly Valentine's Day Activities
Valentine's Day is upon us. How will you spend the romantic holiday? If you're looking to lose weight, you're in luck. Metabolic Research Center offers 14 fabulous ways to celebrate February 14. Each burns calories, tones muscles and brings you and your significant other a little closer.
- Take a romantic hike together and pitch a tent beneath the stars.
- Take a stroll to your favorite park and share a healthy picnic lunch.
- Dance the night away at your local dance hall.
- Don't know how to dance? Take a ballroom, swing or salsa dance lesson together.
- Saddle up and spend an hour or so horseback riding on the beach or through the woods.
- Take a couple's yoga class.
- Take in a comedy show and laugh - a lot. Just 15 minutes of laughter a day will burn 10 to 40 calories.
- Spend an afternoon on the water, canoeing or sailing.
- Live in a warm climate? Take a skinny dip.
- Live in a snowy locale? Lace up your ice skating blades and make heart shapes on the ice rink.
- Ride a tandem bike for a 10-mile ride.Depending on your weight and speed, you can burn up to 533 calories for every 30 minutes you spend cycling.
- Give your partner a massage. If you weigh 150 pounds, you will burn up to 290 calories per hour.
- Make out. Kissing for 10 minutes twice a day can burn 100 calories daily.
- Make love, of course. The average lovemaking session can burn between 50 and 100 calories.
Want more tips for losing weight and keeping it off all year long? Call 800-501-8090 to find the Metabolic Research Center nearest you.
SHARE THIS BLOG