Best Burgers for Holiday BBQs and Grilling Parties
It just wouldn't be a backyard BBQ without juicy burgers on the grill. In honor of the upcoming holiday we've compiled our favorite burger recipes perfect for a get-together of any size! Here you'll find recipes that can be made with turkey, chicken, buffalo or beef so if you want to make a swap it's easy! So fire up the grill and make these crowd-pleasers this weekend.
- 12 oz lean ground grass fed beef
- Lower Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning©
- 2 oz. cheddar cheese, cut into ½ oz slices (or any hard cheese of your choice)
- 4 slices uncured bacon, cooked
- 2 Sandwich Thin Buns
- 8 oz Tomato, sliced
- Cooking Spray
- Form the ground beef into four equal patties and sprinkle each side with Lower Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Heat a grill pan or cast-iron skillet over high heat, then spray with cooking spray.
- Add the patties and cook about 3 minutes, then flip and top each with a ½ oz slice of cheddar.
- Cover and continue cooking 3 more minutes for medium rare.
- Once cooked, place burger on ½ of Sandwich Thin Bun.
- Top burger with 1 slice bacon, 2 oz tomato and lettuce leaf.
Makes 4 servings | 1 serving replaces: 4 oz protein, 1 serving fat, 2 oz vegetables and a 50 calorie starch serving
- 3 oz. lean ground beef, buffalo or turkey breast
- ¼ tsp. Low Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning
- ½ oz. cheddar cheese, slice
- 1 slice uncured bacon, cooked
- 2 oz. Chunky Pepper Salsa (recipe follows)
- Gently mix together ground meat and Montreal Steak Seasoning; form into patty.
- Use your thumb to make a shallow impression in middle of burger to allow even cooking.
- Grill patty over medium high heat until desired doneness.
- Quickly place cheese slice and bacon on hot burger.
- Finish off your burger with 2 oz of salsa.
Replaces: 4 oz protein*, 2 oz raw vegetables and 1 serving healthy fat.
*Recipe may require adjustments for protein servings – check your menu for reference.
Chunky Pepper Salsa
- 4 oz. diced tomatoes
- 2 oz. diced fresh green chilies
- 2 oz. diced colored bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp. dried cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- Course ground sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Mix together all ingredients.
- For best results let flavors blend for several hours before serving.
Replaces: 8 oz. raw vegetables
TURKEY SAUERKRAUT BURGERS
- 6 oz. ground turkey breast
- 6 oz. sauerkraut, drained and divided
- 2.5 oz. sliced green onions
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. dijonnaise
- 2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine all ingredients.
- Shape into 3 equal sized patties.
- Grill until no longer pink, about 12 minutes.
Servings Size: 1 patty
Replaces: 4 oz. protein portion and 2.5 oz. cooked vegetables
- 1 pounds Turkey Breast—ground
- 2 whole jalapeno peppers—seeded and minced
- 3 cloves garlic—minced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 medium eggs
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- In a medium bowl combine turkey, jalapenos, garlic, egg, and cilantro.
- Form mixture into 4 patties.
- Sprinkle both sides of patties with desired amount of lower sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes each side.
Service Size: Approx 1 patty per serving.
APPLE MAPLE BURGERS
- 1 apple diced, finely
- 1 pkg. ground turkey breast or ground chicken breast
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. poultry seasoning
- 3 tsp. Splenda
- 2 tsp. maple flavoring
- Mix well and form into patties.
- Cook in frying pan on low heat until completely cooked.
Servings Size: 4 patties
Replaces: 4 oz. protein and ¼ fruit
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oatmeal or 12 Melba rounds crushed
- 1 packet of dry ranch seasoning
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg and oatmeal or Melba.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill or sauté in a pan sprayed with Pam until cooked through.
- You may serve with Lettuce, tomato, mustard, and Walden farms
Serving Size: 4
Replaces: 4 oz. protein and 1 bread/starch