For too long Brussels sprouts have been given a bad name - and most often times by people who have never even tried them! This recipe for Oven-Roasted Brussels sprouts with Bacon finally gives Brussels sprouts a chance to clear their name. They very well might just even become a new family favorite! The crisp edges of the Brussels sprouts seasoned perfectly and paired with savory bacon make it the perfect side dish to your Thanksgiving turkey this year. So if you're still convinced that Brussels sprouts aren't for you, we implore you to give them one more chance with this recipe!
- 32 oz. Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 6 Uncured Bacon Slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wash and trim Brussels sprouts, cut off any brown ends or outer leaves and cut any large heads in half.
- In a large bowl drizzle Brussels sprouts with olive oil and toss until evenly coated.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts and garlic in a single layer on a large sheet pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Then, sprinkle the bacon pieces over Brussels sprouts.
- Roast in oven for 20-30 minutes, turning Brussels sprouts halfway through cook time, until golden.
Makes 8 servings | One serving replaces: 4 oz. vegetables, 1 healthy fat