Tortilla chips are one of the most commonly featured chip and snack item in American households today. And who wouldn't love the crunchy salty texture of a fresh tortilla chip - especially in some salsa or other dip?! We know that we do, and we want you to be able to continue to enjoy this snack, too! We've taken your traditional store-bought chip and turned it into an easy recipe that can be made in the convenience of your own home. Create 1 serving at a time or create multiple servings for later - these chips are mmm-mmm good!
These chips are great when made as we have them in the recipe, but you could also do some fun and interesting variations on these chips like:
- Ranch Tortilla Chips – substitute Mrs. Dash “Fiesta” blend for Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch dry packets
- Italian Tortilla Chips – substitute Mrs. Dash “Fiesta” blend for a mix of garlic powder, oregano, and Italian seasoning
- Sweet Tortilla Chips – substitute Mrs. Dash “Fiesta” blend for a sprinkling of cinnamon and artificial sweetener
You can also incorporate these as a starch serving into an existing meal or recipe. Keep an eye out for some new recipes coming that are going to incorporate these chips, and be ready to make these a staple in your household!
- 1 low-calorie tortilla (approximately 45 calories)
- Mrs. Dash “Fiesta” blend
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut your tortilla into triangles (chip shape).
- Place triangle “chips” onto an ungreased cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2-5 minutes, or until crispy.
Servings: 1. Replaces: 1 carbohydrate serving