Fiesta Lime Barbecued Cauliflower Steaks
Looking for a low-calorie, zesty side to accompany your steak, fish, or chicken? Try our Fiesta Lime Barbecued Cauliflower Steaks! This recipe is quick, easy and fun to impress guests with!
Cauliflower season begins in October and extends through April. Your local market, however, will carry this protein- and fiber-packed vegetable year round! The high heat of your grill will transform this often overlooked vegetable into a crisp and spicy knockout side dish.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch steaks *TIP: larger heads work better
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest, fresh
- 1 TBSP lime juice, fresh squeezed
- To taste: Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning Blend (salt free), Sea Salt, Black Pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Holding the head of a cauliflower with its base on a cutting borad, cut the cauliflower directly down the center into two equal halves. From those halves, begin to slice 1/2-inch steaks. Depending on the size of the cauliflower, you may get 2-4 steaks out of one head. Save the remaining flowerets for another meal or snack.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, garlic powder, lime zest, and lime juice.
- With a basting brush, baste both sides of each 'steak' with olive oil mixture.
- Dust both sides of each 'steak' with Fiesta Lime Seasoning, Sea Salt, and Pepper.
- Place 'steaks' on BBQ and grill for 5 minutes on each side.
Makes Varied Servings | Serving Size: 4 oz. cooked | One Serving Replaces: 1 vegetable