The most recent addition to the MRC Weight Loss Program family is the MORE line of menus. Just as the name implies, it offers more of everything! One of our favorites that we just couldn't wait to get into the MRC Kitchen and try is avocado...which got us VERY excited for Guacamole! For some people, this dish almost seems to be a way of life. We're not sure if it's the creamy taste, the smooth texture, the fact that avocado is packed full of healthy fats, or just the incredible versatility of the avocado that makes guacamole so enticing, but we know we are not the only ones who love it!
Our gift to your taste buds is this Easy Guacamole recipe. It only takes minutes to prepare, and it can be used as a dip, spread on bread, or even wrapped in a breakfast burrito!
- 8 oz Hass avocados, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 8 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 small clove garlic, mashed
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- chopped jalapeno (to taste, if you're spicy)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chopped avocado in a mixing bowl and slightly mashing with a fork until your desired level of chunkiness has been reached.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Makes 4 servings. One serving replaces: 1 healthy fat, 2 oz. vegetables.
Storage tip: To keep it fresh for up to three days, place guacamole in a bowl in an airtight container. Place a layer of plastic wrap on top of the guacamole (you want to eliminate as many air bubbles as possible between the guacamole and plastic wrap) before sealing with the container lid.