Mushrooms, in some ways, are treated as the “fruitcake” of the vegetable world – because of their monochromatic appearance and unique flavor, many disregard mushrooms as a vegetable option on program (or in general). We, at MRC, embrace the uniqueness of the mushroom (not to mention the abundance of vitamins and nutrients), and have created a dish that will leave you craving mushrooms for the next week! Dressed up with shredded chicken, creamy Greek yogurt, and some Frank’s hot sauce for the tiniest “punch” of flavor, our Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms are going to be a new favorite.
Never shy away from mushrooms again, and here’s why: Mushrooms are naturally low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol-free, gluten-free, and very low in sodium. They are also providers of the important nutrients of selenium, potassium, riboflavin, niacin, and Vitamin D – just to name a few. You’ll be glad that this recipe makes 4 servings – enough for a couple days or to share with family and friends. You could even bring a plateful of these delicious caps to your upcoming Super Bowl party!
- 12 large White Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. of Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 4 oz. Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 8 oz. cooked Chicken breast, shredded
- 4 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean mushrooms by wiping with a slightly damp paper towel. Remove stems and discard or save to be used later as a vegetable serving.
- In small bowl, combine: hot sauce, chicken, and yogurt.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal parts and stuff into each mushroom cap.
- Sprinkle evenly the stuffed caps with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20- 30 minutes until slightly browned on top. Note: Mushrooms will have cooked down a bit.
Best when served with Walden Farms Bleu Cheese (optional)
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 3 stuffed mushrooms. Replaces: 1 protein, ½ vegetable