Air Fryer Fried Pickles
In search of a new game day or party snack? Look no further! Today we bring you healthy fried pickles made in the Air Fryer!
These Fried pickles are sure to hit the spot for any salty chip-like cravings! They are super easy to make, and turn out much crispier than baked fried pickles, not to mention they will be done in a fraction of the time! We are talking in 10 minutes!
For MRC Clients following a weight loss menu, one of the coolest things about this recipe is that we are utilizing a freebie menu item! Pickles are considered an extra on most MRC menu plans; so you get more bang for your buck with this recipe!
Some pro tips for preparation: the first thing you want to do is pat the pickles dry before breading them. This way they don’t get soggy. Once dry you will dip in egg, coat in the breadcrumb mixture, & with a quick spritz of oil, your pickles will be on their way to being crispy and delicious! We made our breadcrumbs using crushed Melba Toast, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and seasonings. You could also use any kind of crushed up cracker (Saltines and Wasa crackers work great here, too)!
The Air Fryer is great for making extra crispy snacks without the added calories from deep-frying. Did you know, a typical appetizer of Fried Pickles served in a restaurant has an average of 900 calories, and get this, 3350 mg of sodium. Yikes! We are cutting down on the fat content substantially with how little oil is needed to crisp these pickles up! Just a spritz of oil does the trick instead of an entire vat full! Lastly, we've whipped up a quick and easy homemade Spicy Ranch Dip for dipping your pickles with just some fat-free Greek yogurt and seasonings! Spice not your thing? Dip in the MRC Ranch Dip, Walden Farms, or just enjoy plain!
Serving tip: They are best served immediately! They can be re-heated in your Air Fryer, the breading just may start to slide off.
- 2 servings dill pickle slices (refer to nutrition label)
- 1 egg, whisked with 1 TBSP water
- 100 calories crushed Melba Toast, Saltines, Wasa, or other plain hard cracker
- 1-1.5 oz. Parmesan, freshly grated*
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
Spicy Ranch dip
- 4-6 oz plain fat free Greek yogurt*
- 2 tsp. Dry ranch seasoning
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
*MRC Clients: refer to your weight loss menu for specific protein portion sizes. This recipe utilizes 1/2 serving cheese and 1 serving Greek yogurt
- Using paper towels, pat pickle chips dry. In a medium bowl, stir together crushed melba toast, Parmesan, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Dredge pickle chips first in egg and then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Working in batches, place in a single layer in air fryer basket and spritz with oil or cooking spray.
- Air fry at 400° for 5 minutes, flip, and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes.
- 4. Serve warm with Spicy Ranch Dip
Entire Recipe Makes 2 Servings | Serving Size: 1/2 recipe | One Serving Replaces: 1 protein and 1 carbohydrate