Air Fryer Fried Pickles
In search of a new game day or party snack? Look no further! Today we bring you healthy fried pickles made in the Air Fryer!
These Fried pickles are sure to hit the spot for any salty chip-like cravings! They are super easy to make, and turn out much crispier than baked fried pickles, not to mention they will be done in a fraction of the time! We are talking in 10 minutes!
One of the coolest things about this recipe is that we are utilizing a freebie menu item! Pickles are considered an extra on most MRC menu plans, so when you incorporate these tasty snacks into your meal, it only counts as your carbohydrate serving!
The first thing you want to do is pat the pickles dry before breading them. This way they don’t get soggy. Once dry you will dip in egg, coat in the breadcrumb mixture, & with a quick spritz of oil, your pickles will be on their way to being crispy and delicious! We made our breadcrumbs using crushed Melba Toast, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and seasonings.
The Air Fryer is great for making extra crispy snacks without the added calories from deep-frying. Did you know, a typical appetizer of Fried Pickles served in a restaurant has an average of 900 calories, and get this, 3350 mg of sodium. Yikes! We are cutting down on the fat content substantially with how little oil is needed to crisp these pickles up! Just a spritz of oil will do the trick!
We whipped up a quick and easy homemade Spicy Ranch dip, using plain fat free Greek yogurt and seasonings! But feel free to serve plain or with the MRC ranch dip.
Serving tip: They are best served immediately! They can be re-heated in your Air Fryer, the breading just may start to slide off.
- 2 c. dill pickle slices
- 1 egg, whisked with 1 tbsp. water
- 1/2 c. crushed Melba Toast (6 pieces)
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
Spicy Ranch dip
- 4 oz plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 3 tsp Dry ranch seasoning
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
1. Using paper towels, pat pickle chips dry. In a medium bowl, stir together crushed melba toast, Parmesan, oregano, and garlic powder.
2. Whisk egg in bowl with 1 tbsp of water
3. Dredge pickle chips first in egg and then in the bread crumb mixture. Working in batches, place in a single layer in air fryer basket. Spritz with oil or cooking spray. Cook at 400° for 5 minutes, flip and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes
4. Serve warm with dip of choice or plain
Serving size depends on size of pickles. Count how many pickles you start with to divide as evenly as possible into three servings.
Replaces: 1 Carbohydrate serving