It’s hard to think of any Thanksgiving Dinner side dish more traditional than stuffing! And we are so excited to share this easy Stuffing Muffin recipe with all of you that can be enjoyed by those on program and those not on program. This quick and easy recipe will have you wanting to make stuffing year round! By making it in a muffin pan, every serving has those perfect crunchy edges with a moist buttery center. Plus the best part it’s so easy to get your perfect program portion. Mix in a serving of shredded chicken or even some leftover turkey to turn this into a stand-alone dish.
- 3 C. Pepperidge Farms Cubed Herb Seasoning Stuffing or 12 slices low-calorie bread, cubed*
- ¾ C. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 TBSP. grass-fed butter
- 8 oz. celery, chopped
- 4 oz. green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
*If using bread, it works best slightly dried. A few days before preparing, cube it and put it in an uncovered bowl on your counter until ready for use.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a standard 12 muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add green onions and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and remove pan from heat.
- Gently fold in the stuffing mix or bread cubes. Add poultry seasoning and toss.
- Spoon about ¼ c. of combined mixture into each muffin hole, distributing evenly across all 12 muffin holes.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and return muffins to oven to bake for another 10-15 minutes, until edges and tops are beginning to brown and crisp.
Makes 12 Servings | Serving Size: 1 muffin | One Serving Replaces: 1 carbohydrate, 1 oz. vegetable, 1/4 healthy fat