Mini Burger Bites
These adorable bunless burgers make the perfect party food for any gathering. They're low carb, easy to assemble, and perfect on your MRC program. Impress your friends with this Pinterest perfect party appetizer.
- 10 oz ground beef (turkey breast, buffalo or chicken)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices uncured bacon
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 20 pieces
- optional: dill pickles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in mixing bowl, fully incorporate seasoning and ground meat. Using about 1 tablespoon of meat, make 20 mini patties or meatballs.
- Place mini patties on a foil lined baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes, or until done. Cool slightly to handle.
- While the mini burgers are baking cook the bacon in a skillet but remove before crisp (they need to be pliable enough to . Drain on paper towel and break into 20 pieces.
- To assemble on toothpick start with a tomato half, lettuce, pickle, bacon, cheese and burger. Enjoy!
Servings: This recipe makes 4 servings on most MRC plans, that's 5 mini burgers:) Replace 1 protein and 1 fat serving per serving.