Cranberry Orange Relish
Our Cranberry Orange relish is a sophisticated version of the obligatory, jiggly, perfectly round canned cranberry sauce. This seasonal dish is perfect for Thanksgiving, and even better a few days later. Just let it marinate in the fridge for a few days, and the flavors are amplified. We've slimmed down our relish and rely on the orange and protein supplement to add more flavor. Some fun variations to this recipe include:
- Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- add 1/8 tsp cinnamon or all spice.
- 12 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium orange, peeled
- 1 packet MRC Orange HNS or MRC Strawberry Banana HNS (optional)
- 10 packets zero calorie sweetener
- Remove seeds from orange.
- Place orange and cranberries in food processor.
- Process until evenly chopped.
- Add ½ the orange peel to make it more tart.
- Place in bowl, add dry package of supplement and sweetener.
Store in refrigerator for 48 hours for maximum flavor.
Serve cold or room temperature.
Serving size ¼ cup.