You may be thinking Stuffed Peppers sound like something that takes a lot of time because you're going to have to turn on a hot oven - creating a lot more work than what you're in the mood for tonight...Man oh man! Do I have GOOD news for you. This Stuffed Pepper recipe is so easy AND you can make it all on your stove top in the SAME skillet! Even better, these peppers are so flavorful and delicious I’m sure they’ll quickly become a favorite and regular in your weekly dinner rotation.
- 1 lb. ground round or turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp. each: garlic powder; pepper
- 2 small green peppers
- 1 pkg. cream of tomato supplement
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, optional
- Combine meat, 1 tbsp. green onions, garlic powder and pepper. Saute in skillet. Drain.
- Cut peppers in half, remove seeds and fill with meat mixture. Place in skillet, mix supplement with water, add remaining green onions and pour over peppers.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
Servings: 4. Serving Size: 1/2 stuffed pepper. Replaces: 4 oz. protein, 4 oz. vegetables, 1/4 Creamy HNS