This delicious masterpiece is loaded with cheese, green chilies and ground turkey. Almost like a south of the border lasagna with so much yummy goodness layered between tortillas and baked to perfection. No need to give up taco night with this one the entire family will be begging for more. You can easily double the recipe for bigger crowds or even to create some freezer meals for later.
- 16 oz. extra lean ground turkey
- 6 oz. diced fresh green chilies
- 4 oz. chopped green onions
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet of Tomato Basil soup supplement
- 4 tortillas (40 calories each)
- 2-4 oz. Cheddar cheese (shredded by hand)
- Season to taste with cumin, chili powder, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Cholula or Tabasco.
- Brown the meat.
- Drain off any extra fat. Place in pan and add onion and green chilies.
- Cook until onions are soft. Combine the water and the soup mix.
- Add mix to the meat; Season with spices to taste.
- Spray a casserole dish with Pam spray.
- Place one tortilla on the bottom, top with ¼ meat the ¼ cheese.
- Continue to layer with the remaining tortillas, meat and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until cheese on top is bubbling.
Serving Size: 4