- 4 oz. chicken breast, cut into evenly sized cubes
- 4 oz. peeled shrimp
- 3 oz. mushrooms
- 2 oz. zucchini, evenly sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 3 oz. combined, chopped: peppers (red, yellow or green) and cherry tomatoes (or any of your favorite veggies)
- 3/4 cup MRC Italian Dressing (or substitute Kraft Light Italian or Walden Farms Italian dressing)
- Bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 60 mins) or metal skewers
- Thread chicken, shrimp and vegetables on 4 to 6 skewers.
- Place kabobs in large, shallow nonaluminum baking dish or plastic zipper bag. Pour 1/2 cup Kraft Light Italian Dressing (or any this homemade Italian dressing) over kabobs.
- Cover baking dish with foil and place in fridge to marinate for 1 hour (or more).
- Remove kabobs from fridge and discard dressing (do not reuse any of the dressing from the pan).
- Grill or broil kabobs. Turn kabobs every few minutes and baste with 1/4 cup dressing as you cook to add flavor and keep moist.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
If you use bamboo skewers be sure to soak them in water for 60 minutes prior to use, to avoid burning skewers—yikes!
Makes 2 servings. Serving size: 2-3 kabobs (if you make 4 or 6, respectively). Replaces: 4 oz. protein, 4 oz. vegetables.
Variations: Instead of Italian Dressing you could brush with Olive Oil and sprinkle with any flavor of Mrs. Dash (Lemon Pepper, Southwest, etc). For veggies feel free to use any of your favorite vegetables, we love yellow squash, or any kind of pepper. As far as meats go, you could choose only chicken, shrimp only, or add steak.