Shrimp and Chicken Skewers
Nothing signals the start to Summer better than the smell of a freshly fired up grill! There are so many different foods you can prepare on the grill - burgers, cauliflower steaks, roasted veggies, BBQ chicken, but one of our favorites are kabobs! I mean, what's not to love about a meal on a stick? Minimal mess, maximum flavor, and endless variety! Today, we've done chicken and shrimp skewers with a few of our favorite grilled veggies: zucchini, bell peppers, and tomatoes. But you can absolutely mix and match your favorite proteins and veggies (steak and mushrooms, chicken and broccoli, and so much more)! This dinner's a winner for even the pickiest of eaters. So go ahead and get the whole family skewering and start your Summer off on a healthy and delcious note! #grill
- 4-6 oz.* chicken breast, cubed
- 4-6 oz.* peeled shrimp
- 3 oz. mushrooms
- 2 oz. zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 oz. combined: sliced peppers, cherry tomatoes, or your favorite veggies
- 2 TBSP. olive oil mixed with Italian seasoning
- Bamboo or metal skewers (if using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 30-60 minutes)
MRC Clients: refer to your menu for proper protein portion sizes. This recipe uses 1 serving each of chicken breast and shrimp
- Thread chicken, shrimp and vegetables onto skewers (we needed 4-6 for this recipe).
- Place kabobs in large, shallow nonaluminum baking dish or plastic zipper bag. Rub Olive Oil and Italian seasonings over kabobs.
- Grill or broil kabobs, turning every few minutes.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
Makes 2 Servings | Serving Size: 1/2 recipe, 2-3 kabobs | One Serving Replaces: 1 protein serving, 1/2 vegetable serving, 1 healthy fat serving