Honey Mustard Crusted Chicken
Our Honey Mustard Crusted Chicken has been voted Best Chicken recipe by MRC clients since it debuted in our cookbook in 2008. It's simple, easy, family friendly, and it resembles fried chicken!
This chicken recipe is baked, not fried, saving your lots of greasy calories! Flavor tip: mustard is a great way to add flavor without calories!
We use panko bread crumbs, 50 calories per chicken breast. On your MRC menu a carb serving is up to 50 calories, you could use crumbled melba toast, or homemade crumbs from 50 calorie bread. Panko crisps easily, so we tend to use it when we are trying to create that fried crust vibe.
- (2) 4 oz. chicken breast, split, pounded thin
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs (or 6 melba rounds)
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 TBSP. olive oil
- 3 tsp. Dijonaise mustard
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 pkg. zero calorie sweetener
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- If using Melba, crush Melba to make coarse crumbs.
- Empty crumbs into shallow bowl and add salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Drizzle olive oil over crumb mixture until evenly coated.
- Place clean, dry chicken breast on jelly roll pan.
- Add sweetner to Dijjonaise, then spread over top of chicken.
- Press chicken breast in crumb mixture (or press crumbs directly on top of chicken, they will stick to mustard).
- Bake 20-25 minutes until chicken is done and crumb coating is crunchy.
Replaces: 1 protein, 1 carbohydrate, and 1/2 healthy fat serving