You can’t find a more classic American meal than a nice juicy burger. This isn’t really a meal most of us think of when we think about what to eat for weight loss...but let me tell you, I have a delicious recipe that will satisfy ANY burger fan and still help you lose weight!
I love adding dijionaise to the recipe below or even Walden Farm’s BBQ sauce. One of the best things is that, with the new Metabolic More menu, now I can put a serving of dill pickles on my burger! Bacon, Cheese, AND Pickles on top of a nice juicy burger what more could I ask for?
- 12 oz lean ground grass fed beef
- Lower Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning©
- 2 oz. cheddar cheese, cut into ½ oz slices (or any hard cheese of your choice)
- 4 slices uncured bacon, cooked
- 4 Sandwich Thin Buns
- 8 oz Tomato, sliced
- Cooking Spray
- Form the ground beef into four equal patties and sprinkle each side with Lower Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Heat a grill pan or cast-iron skillet over high heat, then spray with cooking spray.
- Add the patties and cook about 3 minutes, then flip and top each with a ½ oz slice of cheddar.
- Cover and continue cooking 3 more minutes for medium rare.
- Once cooked, place burger on ½ of Sandwich Thin Bun.
- Top burger with 1 slice bacon, 2 oz tomato, and lettuce leaf.
Makes 4 servings | 1 serving replaces: 4 oz protein, 1 serving fat, 2 oz vegetables, and a 50 calorie starch serving
Try this burger with our Client Favorite Coleslaw: