If you're looking for a fresh, flavorful meal in less than 30 minutes, then here is your answer! Our Chili-Rubbed Tilapia and Asparagus is a versatile meal that can be served as a casual weeknight meal or even to friends coming over for dinner. Fish is such a great protein for weight loss and paired with asparagus this is a great combination to push through a plateau or boost up your weight loss!
- 8 oz. asparagus, ends trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 8 oz. tilapia (or other white fish)
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. lemon juice
- Bring 1 inch of water to boil in a large saucepan.
- Put asparagus in a steamer basket, place in the pan, cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Weigh out 4 oz. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Combine spices and dip fillets in mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the fish and cook 5-7 minutes, turning once.
- Add lemon juice, a pinch of salt and asparagus to the pan, cooking for 2 minutes until asparagus is warmed.
Servings: 2 Replaces: 4 oz. protein, 4 oz. vegetables