Sausage Cheese Rolls
Delicious warm or cold, our Sausage Cheese Roll recipe makes the perfect meal for any occasion. Just the right combination of flavorful spices turns plain ground turkey into the star ingredient in this recipe, savory sausage! The key to great sausage is all about the right seasoning and spices. So take this great turkey sausage, baked with fluffy eggs and melty cheese, all rolled into a crispy wrap and you have the perfect anytime meal all in one. It's breakfast comfort food, that you can enjoy at any meal, what more can you ask for!
- 1 Flatout (light)
- 4 oz. lean ground beef or turkey breast
- 1 oz. green onions, chopped
- 2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon each: sage, ginger and red pepper, onion powder (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. grass fed butter (regular or garlic herb), melted for basting
- Brown ground meat and green onions in skillet with all spices.
- Drain meat and remove from heat.
- Mix meat, eggs, and shredded cheese together.
- Spread mixture evenly onto the Flatout until about 1/4 inch from edges.
- Roll Flatout like a jelly roll (length-wise) and place on a greased pan seam-side down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min.
- After cooling, slice into pinwheels.
Makes 2 servings | One serving replaces: 4 oz. protein, 1 carbohydrate, ½ healthy fat