It just wouldn't be a backyard BBQ without juicy burgers on the grill. In honor of the upcoming holiday we've compiled our favorite burger recipes perfect for a get-together of any size! Here you'll find recipes that can be made with turkey, chicken, buffalo or beef so if you want to make a swap it's easy! So fire up the grill and make these crowd-pleasers this weekend.
- 12 oz lean ground grass fed beef
- Lower Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning©
- 2 oz. cheddar cheese, cut into ½ oz slices (or any hard cheese of your choice)
- 4 slices uncured bacon, cooked
- 2 Sandwich Thin Buns
- 8 oz Tomato, sliced
- Cooking Spray
Form the ground beef into four equal patties and sprinkle each side with Lower Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning. Heat a grill pan or cast-iron skillet over high heat, then spray with cooking spray. Add the patties and cook about 3 minutes, then flip and top each with a ½ oz slice of cheddar. Cover and continue cooking 3 more minutes for medium rare. Once cooked, place burger on ½ of Sandwich Thin Bun. Top burger with 1 slice bacon, 2 oz tomato and lettuce leaf.
Makes 4 servings | 1 serving replaces: 4 oz protein, 1 serving fat, 2 oz vegetables and a 50 calorie starch serving
- 3 oz. lean ground beef, buffalo or turkey breast
- ¼ tsp. Low Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning
- ½ oz. cheddar cheese, slice
- 1 slice uncured bacon, cooked
- 2 oz. Chunky Pepper Salsa (recipe follows)
Gently mix together ground meat and Montreal Steak Seasoning; form into patty. Use your thumb to make a shallow impression in middle of burger to allow even cooking. Grill patty over medium high heat until desired doneness. Quickly place cheese slice and bacon on hot burger. Finish off your burger with 2 oz of salsa.
Replaces: 4 oz protein*, 2 oz raw vegetables and 1 serving healthy fat.
*Recipe may require adjustments for protein servings – check your menu for reference.
Chunky Pepper Salsa
- 4 oz. diced tomatoes
- 2 oz. diced fresh green chilies
- 2 oz. diced colored bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp. dried cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- Course ground sea salt & pepper, to taste
Mix together all ingredients. For best results let flavors blend for several hours before serving.
Replaces: 8 oz. raw vegetables
Turkey Sauerkraut Burgers
- 6 oz. ground turkey breast
- 6 oz. sauerkraut, drained and divided
- 2.5 oz. sliced green onions
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. dijonnaise
- 2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
Combine all ingredients. Shape into 3 equal sized patties. Grill until no longer pink, about 12 minutes.
Servings Size: 1 patty
Replaces: 4 oz. protein portion and 2.5 oz. cooked vegetables
- 1 pounds Turkey Breast—ground
- 2 whole jalapeno peppers—seeded and minced
- 3 cloves garlic—minced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 medium eggs
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
In a medium bowl combine turkey, jalapenos, garlic, egg, and cilantro. Form mixture into 4 patties. Sprinkle both sides of patties with desired amount of lower sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning. Grill 4 to 5 minutes each side.
Service Size: Approx 1 patty per serving.
Apple Maple Burgers
- 1 apple diced, finely
- 1 pkg. ground turkey breast or ground chicken breast
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. poultry seasoning
- 3 tsp. Splenda
- 2 tsp. maple flavoring
Mix well and form into patties; cook in frying pan on low heat until completely cooked.
Servings Size: 4 patties
Replaces: 4 oz. protein and ¼ fruit
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oatmeal or 12 Melba rounds crushed
- 1 packet of dry ranch seasoning
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg and oatmeal or Melba. Shape into 4 patties. Grill or sauté in a pan sprayed with Pam until cooked through. You may serve with Lettuce, tomato, mustard, and Walden farms
Serving Size: 4
Replaces: 4 oz. protein and 1 bread/starch