Avocado & Egg Toast
Crispy toast plus creamy avocado plus the perfect eggs...this equals breakfast heaven! For those following MRC menus, this quck breakfast is a complete breakfast meal. The only thing you need to add to it is your High Nutrient Supplement (HNS), and you're all set!
MRC menus don't shy away from healthy fats when it comes to weight loss. Healthy fats include avocados, select oils such as olive, avocado, coconut, and more, a variety of nuts, and more! There are a lot of myths that have gained traction over the years when it comes to fats, weight loss, and health. But the truth is that healthy fats are satisfying, they won't spike your blood sugar, and they do support weight loss! So enjoy them (in moderation, of course!).
- 2 oz avocado
- 2 eggs, poached or boiled
- 1 slice 50 calorie bread
- Cilantro to tast, chopped or torn (optional)
- Poach or boil eggs (link for perfectly poached eggs below).
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread, and thinly slice or mash the avocado. Top the toast with the avocado slices or spread.
- Once eggs are cooked, place on top of the bread and avocado, and enjoy while warm!
We enjoy poached eggs with this recipe the most, but truly, you can have your eggs however you like best to eat them! Poaching may seem like a luxury egg style, but it's actually quite simple to do right in your own home! Here's a link to an easy tutorial to learn how to flawlessly poach eggs every time, https://www.bbcgoodfood.
Servings: 1 | Serving Size: 1 topped toast slice | Replaces: 1 protein serving, 1 carbohydrate serving, 1 healthy fat serving