Avocado & Egg Toast
Crispy toast plus creamy avocado plus the perfect eggs...this equals breakfast heaven! For those following MRC menus, this quick breakfast is a complete breakfast meal. The only thing you need to add to it is your High Nutrient Supplement (HNS), and you're all set!
MRC menus don't shy away from healthy fats when it comes to weight loss. Healthy fats include avocados, select oils (think olive, coconut, avocado, etc.), a variety of nuts, and others! There are a lot of myths that have gained traction over the years when it comes to fats, weight loss, and health. But the truth is that healthy fats are satisfying, they won't spike your blood sugar, and they do support weight loss! So go ahead enjoy them (in moderation, of course!).
We think a poached egg is the perfect way to get the most out of this recipe, but you can honestly have your eggs however you prefer them. Poaching may seem like a luxury egg style that's out of reach for all of us who aren't professional chefs. The truth, however, is that it's actually quite simple to do right in your own home! Here's a link to an easy tutorial to learn how to flawlessly poach eggs every time, https://www.bbcgoodfood.
- 2 oz avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice 50 calorie bread
- Cilantro to taste, chopped or torn (optional)
- In a pot over the stovetop, poach or boil eggs.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread, and thinly slice or mash the avocado. Then top the toast with the avocado slices/spread.
- Once eggs are cooked, gently place them on top of the bread and avocado.
- Top with cilantro and enjoy immediately!
Servings: 1 | Serving Size: Entire recipe | Replaces: 1 protein serving, 1 carbohydrate serving, 1 healthy fat serving