If You Don't Start... You Can't Arrive!
Perhaps you have not started dieting and exercising yet because you are afraid, you will fail. If so, it might be time to find a way to motivate yourself for success.
Take Small Steps to Reach Your Goals
Every action you take toward burning fat and losing unwanted pounds is better than nothing. Therefore, instead of instantly trying to run a marathon or becoming a vegetarian, maybe you can take these steps:
- Reduce your calorie intake by about 250 calories, then exercise to burn another 250 calories.
- Start eating breakfast, or include a salad or vegetable with supper.
- Take at least one 15-minute walk every day.
- Strive for a realistic weight loss amount such as 1-2 pounds per week.
- Forgive yourself if you cannot always stick to your diet or exercise plan.
- Seek a health evaluation and/or fitness coaching to motivate you even more.
- Increase intake of whole foods and reduce intake of prepackaged meals.
- Use smaller dishes and measure your portions.
- Drink more water instead of soda and fruit juices.
- Reduce intake of fried foods and eat at restaurants less.
- Order salad dressing on the side. That way you can pour on less.
- Eat fruit instead of sugary pastries, donuts, etc.
- Volunteer to help people move, or get a physical part time job (i.e. cleaning).
It might take you some time to develop better habits. However, some of the small changes as mentioned above will help you develop new routines that will cause you to lose more weight. One way to continue your weight loss journey is to seek out the right kind of support. The Metabolic Research Center is a community developed to help you make small changes that will result in healthy, permanent weight loss.
SHARE THIS BLOG