Eight Amazing Foods to Fuel Your Exercise Performance
There's no better feeling than the post-workout high you get from a great exercise session. So, don't let the wrong food choices preempt your performance. Metabolic Research Center recommends these eight amazing meal choices to help ensure you achieve optimal results at the gym.
- Veggie omelet: A favorite among early morning exercisers, eggs have one of the highest bioavailable proteins of all whole foods, lending an energy and muscle boost. Add chopped veggies for extra taste and nutrients.
- Grilled chicken breast: It's got a higher protein-to-fat ratio (19:1) than any other part of the chicken, zero carbs and minimal fat. It's also rich in niacin, which helps convert protein, fat and carbs into useable energy; vitamin B6, which allows your body to use carbs stored in your muscles during exercise; and iron, needed to deliver oxygen to those same muscles during your workout.
- Peanut butter: Just a tablespoon is packed with muscle-fueling protein and healthy fats for sustained energy.
- Pineapple: It's loaded with bromelain, which acts as a natural anti-inflammatory that could accelerate muscle repair.
- Steel-cut oats: Also known as Irish oats, they're the least processed type of oat cereal and boast a lower glycemic load to instant or quick-cooking oats.
- Berries: Fresh or frozen, they're loaded with antioxidants that promote a healthy heart and are thought to help stave off soreness.
- Brown rice: It's a fiber-rich energy booster.
- Greek yogurt: The calcium keeps bones strong to help ward off stress fractures, a common exercise-related injury. And the protein aids in quick muscle recovery.
Metabolic Research Center can help you achieve and maintain your health goals. Let one of our dedicated weight loss specialistsdevelop anexercise, nutrition and lifestyle plan tailored to your particular health situation and goals. Call 800-501-8090 to schedule a consultation at your nearest MRC location.
SHARE THIS BLOG