10 Potassium-Rich Foods to Power Your Weight Loss Efforts
Potassium is a power-house nutrient for slim, strong and healthy body. Operating as both a mineral and an electrolyte in the body, it helps to maintain fluid and electrolyte balance, buildmuscle strength, maintain nerve function, protect heart health and even help you lose weight. Fail to get enough potassium in your daily diet - least 4,700 milligrams - and you may find yourself dealing with multiple troublesome health issues. These can include including fatigue, irritability, hypertension, dizzy spells, heart palpitations and muscle cramps.
To help assure you get enough potassium each day, add one or more of these 10 potassium-rich foods to your breakfast, lunch and dinner plans:
- White beans: 1 cooked cup provides 1,004 mg of potassium, 29 percent of the recommended DV (daily value).
- Avocados: An average-sized avocado provides 975 mg of potassium, 28 percent of the recommended DV.
- Baked potatoes with skin: The average potato provides 926 mg of potassium, 26 percent of the recommended DV.
- Baked acorn squash: 1 cup cubed provides 899 mg of potassium, 26 percent of the recommended DV.
- Dark leafy greens like spinach: 1 cooked cup provides 839 mg of potassium, 24 percent of the recommended DV.
- Dried apricots: A half-cup provides 755 mg of potassium, 22 percent of the recommended DV.
- Plain skim or not-fat yogurt: 1 cup provides 625 mg of potassium, 18 percent of the recommended DV.
- Salmon: One 3-ounce fillet provides 534 mg of potassium, 15 percent of the recommended DV.
- White mushrooms: One cup of sliced mushrooms provides 428 mg of potassium, 12 percent of the recommended DV.
- Bananas: An average-sized banana provides 422 mg of potassium, 12 percent of the recommended DV.
Metabolic Research Center makes it easy for you to get your recommended daily dose of potassium via dozens of delicious recipes posted on the leading weight loss company's website. Plus, our dedicated weight loss specialists can help you further develop and maintain a healthy and satisfying daily nutrition plan. Find out more by calling 800-501-8090 and scheduling a free consultation at the MRC location nearest you.
SHARE THIS BLOG