Add Zest with Weight Loss Friendly Herbs and Spices
There's a saying that goes, "great abs are made in the kitchen". While the truth of that statement is up for discussion, one thing is for certain, what you eat has incredible bearing on your health and weight. There are the traditional superheroes of the kitchen like fruits and vegetables but you have some allies in your pantry that are underused.. herbs and spices. Find out how these delicious flavorings can aid in your weight loss.
- Parsley. High in nutrients like Vitamins A, C, B-9 and K, parsley assists the body in ridding itself of excess water.
- Mint. In addition to cleansing the palate, mint offers digestive benefits and also stimulates your body to convert fat into usable energy.
- Rosemary. Rich in iron, calcium and dietary fiber, rosemary extract has been shown to inhibit lipase activity. Cooking with this herb will help you feel fuller longer.
- Cayenne. Thanks to the active ingredient capsaicin, this pepper not only delivers a punch of undeniable heat but also reduces your overall caloric intake and boosts metabolism.
- Cinnamon. This sweet-tasting spice regulates blood sugar and helps burn belly fat. It also improves mood, which can be a positive factor on a low day when you're not quite pumped up to head to the gym.
- Turmeric. This superhero spice aids your body in combating insulin resistance and can help prevent weight gain after losses.
- Ginger. A well-known anti-inflammatory agent, ginger also boosts the metabolism, inhibits cortisol production (the stress hormone that can result in unwanted belly fat), and suppresses the appetite so you eat less.
Give your weight loss plan a push in the right direction by cooking with these weight loss friendly herbs and spices today.
SHARE THIS BLOG