Oh, Nuts! The Best & Worst for Weight Loss
Enjoyed in moderation, nuts can be a great source of extra protein, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. They can help to keep you feeling full and keeping your appetite in check. But while most varieties are similar in terms of calories per ounce, when it comes to protein and fat content, not all nuts are created equal.
Here's a quick guide to choosing the best and worst nuts for weight loss. At about 160 calories per ounce…
The best nuts for weight loss are:
- Almonds - 6 grams of protein, 14 grams of fat per ounce
- Cashews - 5 grams of protein, 13 grams of fat per ounce
- Pistachios - 6 grams of protein, 13 grams of fat per ounce
The worst nuts for weight loss are:
- Macadamia nuts - 2 grams of protein, 21 grams of fat
- Pecans - 3 grams of protein, 20 grams of fat
For more advice on healthy, weight-loss friendly food choices, call 800-501-8090 and speak with a Metabolic Research Center nutrition specialist today.
SHARE THIS BLOG