5 Spices to Make Eating Right Taste Good
Some people believe that eating right is boring. That is far from the truth. You can eat healthy foods and have them taste great as a bonus. The key is using a variety of spices when you prepare your foods. If variety is the spice of life, then these spices will help keep your menu interesting. Mix and match or make a new blend every time you cook. Either way, your meals will never be boring and they will always be full of nutrients and flavor.
- Garlic - Garlic is well known for its heart healthy benefits. It also helps to boost the metabolism and may also play an important role in how carbohydrates and fats are utilized within the body.
- Cayenne - Cayenne, as well as all of the other hot peppers, have fat burning capabilities. If you want to utilize them to their fullest potential, add a little cayenne to your meals at least three times a day.
- Ginger - Ginger works within the digestive tract. Add a small amount of fresh or powdered ginger to your diet each day may actually reduce your cravings for certain foods.
- Turmeric - Turmeric has been used in India for centuries. It is beneficial in reducing inflammation and can actually help fight obesity.
- Cinnamon - Cinnamon may be able to help regulate blood sugar and control insulin levels. It may even lower your risk of diabetes if taken on a regular basis.
Herbs and spices aren't just for flavor. Many contain an abundance of nutrients that can help you to lose weight as well as boost your immune system. Try a new spice each week and see what kind of flavors you can add to your menu.
SHARE THIS BLOG