How to Eat at Asian Restaurants Guilt Free
When you first get started with a new weight loss program, the best choice is to eat your meals at home where you have more control of what you’re eating. However, you don’t have to avoid going out forever – after all, most people realistically end up needing to eat out from time to time. As long as you stay in control of what you eat, you can eat out at Asian restaurants guilt free.
As long as you stay away from deep-fried, stir-fried, and breaded options, you can enjoy eating Asian food that is low-cholesterol and low-fat. Make sure you don’t ruin your weight loss efforts when you eat out. Instead, enjoy some Asian food guilt free with these helpful tips.
- Choose steamed options. Steamed veggies, steamed dumplings, and other steamed items without the heavy sauces can be a great choice.
- Start with some soup. You can have hot and sour soup for just 80 calories, and it will make you full so you don’t overeat on other foods.
- Order items that are packed with veggies. Dishes heavy on veggies can be a great choice as long as they aren’t covered in sugary or fatty sauces. And go for steamed instead of stir-fried.
- Avoid eating too much rice. Make sure you practice portion control and consider asking for brown rice if it’s available.
A few great dishes to consider when you eat out at Asian restaurants include:
- Sashimi or sushi
- Noodle dishes that haven’t been fried
- Steamed rice
- Steamed dumplings or pot stickers
- Hot and sour soup
- Tofu, fish, or chicken steamed or cooked in broth
Make sure that you order food prepared in healthy ways. Most Asian restaurants already prepare dishes in healthy ways for individuals with a variety of medical conditions.
SHARE THIS BLOG