Get Nutty About Weight Loss
If working to lose weight drives you a bit nutty, go with it! Just make sure you choose the right nuts.
In terms of calories-per-ounce, all varieties of nuts are similar. And, when enjoyed in moderation, they're a healthy mix of omega-3 fatty acids, protein and fiber - all of which help you feel fuller longer and suppress your appetite.But which ones are best for weight loss? Here's a quick guide from Metabolic Research Center.
At about 160 calories per ounce…
The best nuts for weight loss are:
- Almonds - 6 grams of protein, 14 grams of fat per ounce
- Cashews - 5 grams of protein, 13 grams of fat per ounce
- Pistachios - 6 grams of protein, 13 grams of fat per ounce
The worst nuts for weight loss are:
- Macadamia nuts - 2 grams of protein, 21 grams of fat
- Pecans - 3 grams of protein, 20 grams of fat
Want more advice and guidance on healthy ways to shed pounds? Call 800-501-8090 and speak with a Metabolic Research Center weight loss specialist today.
SHARE THIS BLOG