Healthy Alternatives to the Most Tempting Treats
Even the most dedicated of weight loss efforts can be thwarted by a craving for the wrong tempting treat at just the wrong time. Through decades of helping people successfully reach and maintain their weight loss goals, Metabolic Research Center has encountered the same handful of addictive foods and treats that clients have trouble giving up. Well, there's good news - we've got tips for satisfying your toughest cravings and still losing weight.
- Bread rolls: Choose whole grain options over white breads.
- Bacon: Rather than down a whole slab, satisfy your craving by using bits of bacon as an added flavor kick to a healthier choice. A delicious example - oven roasted Brussels sprouts garnished with bacon.
- Pizza: This Italian standby doesn't have to be unhealthy. Trade thick, white crusts for thin, whole wheat crusts; canned tomato sauce for fresh; and top with lean meats and lots of veggies.
- Potato chips: Try sliced, spiced and baked kale, zucchini or sweet potato chips instead.
- Ice cream: Fruit-topped low-fat yogurt or fresh fruit smoothies do the trick in a much healthier, weight loss-friendly way.
For more healthy and delicious treats, visit the MRC website, where you'll find a variety of weight loss-friendly recipes and dozens of pre-packaged products formulated to keep you feeling satisfied and on track with your health goals. And if you'd like a little extra assistance in side-stepping those taste temptations, call 800-501-8090 to be connected with a weight loss specialist in your area.
SHARE THIS BLOG