How to Lose Weight Without Dieting
Are working on your New Year's resolution to shed those extra pounds? Losing the extra weight may help you look and feel better, but more importantly, it can improve your overall health. Research reported on the Arthritis Foundation's website shows overweight people with arthritic joints who lose 10% of their weight have better mobility and 50% less pain. Rather than wasting time on fad diets, the .org suggests you try these proven steps to drop excess pounds and lessen the stress on your legs, knees, back and feet.
1) Pick a Smaller Plate - Portion sizes have increased so much over time that the dishes we use are encouraging over consumption at mealtime. In addition to a smaller plate, pick a color dish that contrasts the foods being eaten. Research studies have proven people eat more when the plate and food are the same color.
2) Get Plenty of Sleep - Getting the right amount of rest at night is important to maintaining your overall health and wellness. Plus, sleep deprivation can reduce the body's production of leptin (the hormone that makes you feel full) and increase the production of gherlin (the hormone that makes you hungry).
3) Use the Other Hand - If you are naturally right-handed, use your left hand to maneuver utensils as well as to eat finger foods. Not only will it reduce mindless snacking, it will slow the rate of consumption giving your brain more time to determine fullness.
4) Move It to Lose It - Good health is a combination of eating right and participating in low-impact physical activities, such as walking. Do it with a friend or group and you'll also develop your own support group for those days you need a bit of encouragement.
5) Consume More Water - Medical researchers have found that most people have difficulty in distinguishing between thirst and hunger. Start by satisfying your thirst and you will automatically reduce the number of calories consumed each day. Choosing water as your drink is a smart weight-loss decision.
For more tips on how to lose weight by eating real food, contact the Metabolic Research Center. Our weight loss consultants provide the education, support and encouragement you need to lose weight while restoring your good health.
SHARE THIS BLOG