Bring the Love and Lose the Weight
Valentine's Day is right around the corner. If you and your significant other could stand to shed a few pounds, the romantic holiday is a great opportunity to bring the love and lose the weight together. Metabolic Research Center offers 14 weight loss-friendly ways to celebrate February 14.
- Hit the hiking trails and pitch a tent for a romantic night beneath the stars.
- Pack a healthy picnic lunch and take a stroll to your favorite park.
- Head to the local dance hall and dance the night away.
- Don't know how to dance? Sign up for a couple's ballroom, swing or salsa dance lesson.
- Saddle up and go horseback riding for an hour or so, perhaps into the woods or along the beach.
- Take a yoga class for couples.
- Take in a comedy show or watch your favorite rom-com DVD. Just 15 minutes of intense laughter can burn 10 to 40 calories.
- Spend an afternoon on the water, sailing or canoeing.
- Live in a warm climate or have a heated private pool? Take a skinny dip.
- Live in a frigid climate or have an indoor ice skating rink nearby? Lace up and hit the ice.
- Take a 10-mile tandem bike ride.Depending on your weight and speed, you'll burn up to 533 calories for every 30 minutes you spend cycling.
- Give your partner a massage. You'll burn upward of 300 calories in an hour, and your significant other will burn around 60 just by enjoying the pampering.
- Make out. A 10-minute kissing sessions can burn some 50 calories.
- Make a little love. The average lovemaking session burns 100 calories or more.
Want more tips for losing weight and keeping it off all year long? Contact the Metabolic Research Center nearest you.
SHARE THIS BLOG