What to Do if You are Not Getting Enough Water
If you want to stay healthy and lose weight or maintain weight loss, drinking plenty of water is essential. To meet your fluid needs, you need to drink with your meals and when you feel thirsty. While your drinks will usually be enough to meet your fluid needs, you also get water from some of the foods you eat, such as soups or fruits and veggies containing a lot of water.
Are you having a tough time getting all the water you need each day? If so, use these easy tips to add more water to your diet.
- Tip #1 – Start carrying a water bottle with you, whether you’re working or playing. Just having the water bottle with you will ensure you drink more.
- Tip #2 – Instead of drinking sugary beverages, start drinking water. It will keep you hydrated and reduces your intake of empty calories.
- Tip #3 – Always drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up. Make it a habit, just like your morning coffee.
- Tip #4 – When you feel like snacking, drink a glass of water instead. In many cases, your body is actually just thirsty when you feel those snack cravings.
- Tip #5 – Try freezing bottled water so you have ice-cold water that will last all day.
- Tip #6 – Give your water some flavor with a wedge of lemon or lime. You can also infuse water with other fruits and veggies to make it more interesting and palatable if you don’t like plain water.
Getting enough water helps the body eliminate waste, protect tissues, lubricate joints, and keep your body temperature at a safe level. Of course, if you are very active or you live in a hot area, your body will need even more water. Make sure you get plenty of water each day to stay health and reach your weight loss goals.
SHARE THIS BLOG