Play Like a Kid While You Wait
Even if you like working out when you do it, you perhaps have a hard time setting a regular routine. This could be for a variety of reasons such as work, taking care of children or pets, or other reasons. In any case, you can make exercise more fun if you learn to play like a kid.
Whether you have children of your own or you want to borrow someone else’s kids, here are some fun ways to get the exercise you need with them:
- Try skipping down the street or playing hopscotch with some neighbor children.
- Take your niece, nephew or children rollerblading or biking.
- Spend some time jumping on balloon castles.
- Plan some outdoor gaming activities or sporting events.
- Take your children for a walk with your dog or go to the park.
- Climb a tree.
- If it’s winter, go sledding or skiing and take a couple of walks back up the hill.
Any other game that provides you a cardio workout would also be excellent for your health. For instance, you could try dodge ball, volleyball or soccer. Otherwise, tennis, foursquare or racquetball might be fun. Taking a hike in the woods on a sunny day also helps you burn some fat and calories while appreciating nature.
It also would be beneficial to your health to try out some muscle-toning outdoor activities. For instance, you could condition your upper body muscles as you take a canoe ride down the river. Otherwise, maybe try your hand at crossing the monkey bars or do some pull-ups in the park.
Dancing is also usually a fun activity. In fact, you might be able to choreograph a routine for a group of children and practice more than one day a week for even more exercise.
SHARE THIS BLOG