Enjoy the Holidays Guilt Free
It seems to be so easy during holiday social gatherings to eat more calories that you should. Despite the increased temptation, you can follow some simple tips to maintain a healthy diet. At the same time, you can take steps to eat higher-quality foods without much effort on your part.
For instance, many people who want to control their weight do the following:
- Make a list of low-carb, low-sodium, low-sugar and low-fat foods that taste good.
- Plan all meals ahead of time.
- Look for recipes that require less sugar, fat, sodium or carbs.
- Contribute fresh fruit and vegetable trays to a party.
- Share a large cookie, brownie or other dessert with a friend or relative.
- Offer to clean up after the party to burn off some of those holiday calories.
- Take a few bites of a rich dessert and savor each bite for a while.
- Chew all the food you eat for longer periods before swallowing.
- Drink regular or flavored sparkling water instead of soda or alcohol.
- Use homemade rather than store-bought dressings and sauces.
The Metabolic Research Center encourages you to explore new ways to enjoy your holidays while eating foods that burn fat. For instance, you would be surprised at how well chewing each bite of food longer actually helps. This allows for quicker entry into your stomach, and it helps you become full faster. Likewise, if you are one of the persons volunteering to help at a party, chances are you will too busy to eat too much.
As always, look for the freshest, most whole foods on the buffet table, too. Then, find a group of people willing to take a walk with you afterwards if you feel you need more exercise.
SHARE THIS BLOG