5 Top Tips for Speeding Up Your Metabolism
Losing weight depends largely on a speeding up your metabolism, and regular exercise is a key factor. But there are additional ways to keep your metabolism revved up and working for you throughout the day - long before or after hitting the gym. Metabolic Research Center offers five top metabolism-boosting tips:
- Start your day with a hardy breakfast: Many weight loss hopefuls skip breakfast, believing one less meal means fewer pounds. Big mistake! A healthy, high-fiber breakfast actually helps you to lose weight by kick starting your metabolism and helping you to feel fuller throughout the day.
- Get more calcium: Research shows that getting more calcium can increase your basal metabolic rate, which can significantly aid in weight loss. One study funded by the National Dairy Council showed that a high-calcium, low-calorie diet boosted fat loss by 42 percent, compared to just eight percent for with a low-calorie diet that lacked in calcium.
- Drink plenty of water: Even mild dehydration will slow down your metabolism by as much as three percent. But a study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism found that drinking just 17 ounces of water can give you a 30-percent increase in your metabolic rate that lasts up to 40 minutes.
- Spice up your dinner plate: Eating spicy foods will temporarily boost your internal body heat, which can lend a metabolism boost and stimulate the use of stored fat as energy. Plus, spicy foods tend to make you feel fuller quicker, reducing the chances of overeating at meals or snacking throughout the day. So, bring on the jalapeños, chili peppers, curry and cayenne.
- Get some sleep: Research by the University of Wisconsin and Stanford University found that adults who regularly slept for only five hours a night saw their levels of hunger-inducing ghrelin increase by 14.9 percent, and their levels of appetite-suppressing leptin drop by 15.5 percent. As a result, they felt hungrier and ate more throughout the day. Health and weight loss experts recommend getting seven to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep each night.
For more weight loss tips and guidance, visit the Metabolic Research Center nearest you. Find your area location online or 800-501-8090 to schedule a consultation.
SHARE THIS BLOG