Romance and Weight Loss on Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day is all about romance. If you're on a mission to lose weight and get healthy, make it a couple's affair. Metabolic Research Center offers 14 weight loss-friendly tips to celebrate February 14 with your significant other.
- Take a hike. Pack up, hit the trails and pitch a tent for a romantic evening beneath the stars.
- Pack a healthy picnic lunch and take a stroll to your favorite park, beach spot or clearing in the woods.
- Shimmy the night away on the dance floor.
- Don't know how to dance? Learn together by signing up for a couple's ballroom, swing or salsa dance lesson.
- Saddle up for an hour-long horseback riding session in the woods or along the beach.
- Take a couple's yoga class.
- Take in a comedy show or pop in your favorite rom-com DVD. Fifteen minutes of laughter can burn 10 to 40 calories.
- Spend an afternoon on the water, sailing or canoeing.
- Take a skinny dip in your hot tub or pool.
- Lace up and hit the rink for some ice skating.
- Take a 10-mile ride on a bicycle built for two.Depending on your weight and speed, you'll burn up to 533 calories for every 30 minutes you spend cycling.
- Give your guy or girl a massage. You'll burn some 300 calories in an hour, and your significant other will burn around 60 just by enjoying the pampering.
- Pucker up. A 10-minute make out session can burn some 50 calories.
- Make a little love. The average lovemaking session burns 100 calories or more.
Don't let your healthy journey together fizzle out when Valentine's Day is over. Make the call together to find the Metabolic Research Center nearest you.
SHARE THIS BLOG