Six Metabolism-Boosting Superfoods
Metabolism is the process by which your body converts what you eat and drink into energy. And, it's a top factor in helping you to lose weight. To that end, Metabolic Research Center offers these six metabolism-boosting food choices.
- Berries: Raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and blue berries all are high in fiber, which is filling and helps to absorb excess fat and calories.
- Citrus fruits: Boosting your vitamin C intake to 500 milligrams can increase fat-burning during exercise by as much as thirty-nine percent. Lemons, limes, grapefruit and oranges are top sources
- High-Fiber Cereal: A bowl of cereal can start your day with a fiber boost that can help keep you feeling satisfied for hours.
- Lean protein: Studies have shown that people who eat lots of lean protein burn twice as many calories after a meal as those who don't. Plus, protein helps to repair, preserve and build healthy muscle tissue.
- Fatty fish:Omega-3 fatty acids promote weight loss by raising levels of fat-burning enzymes while lowering levels of fat-storage enzymes. Clinical studies show this can boost metabolism by up to 400 calories per day. Salmon, tuna, mackerel, sardines and trout are top choices.
- Spicy peppers: Spicy peppers like jalapenos, habaneros and chili peppers contain the heat-producing compound capsaicin, which raises both heart rate and metabolism. In fact, a particularly spicy meal can speed up metabolism by upward of 25 percent for nearly three hours.
Get more weight loss help with a call to your nearest Metabolic Research Center. Dial 800-501-8090 to find the one closes to your home.
SHARE THIS BLOG