Healthy Alternatives to Five Addicting Treats
Certain foods and snacks prove popular year after year, decade after decade. Chances are, at least one of them is tempting enough to thwart even your best weight loss efforts. Here are five of the most addictive, along with tips for tasty, but healthy alternatives.
- Bacon: Rather than down a whole slab, satisfy your craving by using bits of bacon as an added flavor kick to a healthier choice. A delicious example - oven roasted Brussels sprouts garnished with bacon.
- Bread rolls: Choose whole grain options over white breads.
- Pizza: This Italian standby doesn't have to be unhealthy. Trade thick, white crusts for thin, whole wheat crusts; canned tomato sauce for fresh; and top with lean meats and lots of veggies.
- Potato chips: Try sliced, spiced and baked kale, zucchini or sweet potato chips instead.
- Ice cream: Fruit-topped low-fat yogurt or fresh fruit smoothies do the trick in a much healthier, weight loss-friendly way.
For more healthy and delicious treats, visit the Metabolic Research Center website. You'll find a variety of weight loss-friendly recipes and dozens of pre-packaged products formulated to satisfy and shed pounds. And if you'd like a little extra help in side-stepping those temptations, call 800-501-8090 and speak with a dedicated weight loss specialist in your area. We'll help you develop a customized nutrition, exercise and lifestyle plan to help you lose weight and keep it off.
SHARE THIS BLOG