Want to Lose Weight? Go Take a Hike
Spring has sprung and summer is just around the corner. Why not take advantage of the warm temperatures to switch up your exercise routine? Metabolic Research Center offers five reasons why hiking is a great way to slim down and tone up.
- Hiking provides a better workout: Waking flat gym, track or city surfaces is an adequate workout. But if you really want to tone up, hiking provides a more effective and varied workout. That's because traversing the uneven terrain of grass, hills, rocks, etc. use more muscles than does flat-surface walking.
- Hiking provides a change of pace: Let's face it - The view from the treadmill handlebars doesn't change much, though you might be lucky enough to get a TV-screen view. Hiking, however, provides a plethora of possible views. The city skyline, the park, the river, the beach, the woods - Depending upon where you live, the views are endless.
- Hiking can help you reduce stress: Research shows that spending a little time in the great outdoors can be a prime stress reliever and can help lower incidences of depression.
- Hiking offers a chance for some "me time": Need a little time to yourself? Taking a solo hike offers a chance to get away for a bit to think, reflect and recharge.
- Hiking offers a chance for some "we time": On the other hand, hiking also offers a chance to reconnect with your significant other, your kids or your best bud. Leave the technology behind and get some face time while you get a workout together.
Many weight loss programs focus solely on diets. ButMetabolic Research Center advocates an active lifestyle that includes plenty of exercise as well as a healthy diet. Call 800-501-8090 to speak with a weight loss specialist today.
SHARE THIS BLOG