Six Sensational Metabolism Boosters
A key factor in losing weight is increasing metabolism, the process by which thebody converts the foods you eat into energy. To boost your metabolism, add these six superfoods to your daily diet, exercise regularly and watch the pounds fall away.
- High-Fiber Cereal: Don't be tempted to skip breakfast in an effort to reduce calories. Instead, start your day with a bowl of high-fiber cereal to help keep you feeling satisfied and curb your appetite throughout the day.
- Berries: Add a bit of flavor to your cereal and boost your fiber intake even more. Berries are high in filling fiber and also help to absorb excess fat and calories in the stomach. Raspberries, strawberries, blue berries and blackberries are top choices.
- Citrus fruits: Consume just 500 milligrams of vitamin C per day to increase fat-burning during exercise by upward of 40 percent.Top sources are oranges, grapefruit, lemons and limes.
- Spicy peppers: Spicy peppers contain capsaicin, a heat-producing compound proven to boost heart rate and metabolism. Enjoy a spicy meal and your metabolism can speed up by nearly 25 percent over the next three hours. Favorites are jalapenos, habaneros and chili peppers.
- Lean protein: Studies show that eating plenty of lean protein can help you burn twice as many calories after a meal.Protein also helps to repair, preserve and build healthy muscle tissue.
- Fatty fish: Omega-3 fatty acids raise levels of fat-burning enzymes and lower levels of fat-storage enzymes. Add salmon, tuna, mackerel, trout or sardines to your diet and enjoy a metabolism boost of up to 400 calories per day.
Call 800-501-8090 to schedule aconsultation with a weight loss specialist at your nearest Metabolic Research Center. We'll develop a metabolism-boosting nutrition and exercise plan tailored to your particular needs and goals.
SHARE THIS BLOG