Five Most Addictive Foods & Their Healthier Alternatives
Certain foods and snacks remain popular year after year, decade after decade - and a few of them may prove tempting enough to thwart your weight loss efforts. Here are five of the most addictive, along with tips for tasty alternatives.
- Pizza: This Italian standby doesn't have to be unhealthy. Trade thick, white crusts for thin, whole wheat crusts; canned tomato sauce for fresh; and top with lean meats and lots of veggies.
- Potato chips: Try sliced, spiced and baked kale, zucchini or sweet potato chips instead.
- Ice cream: Fruit-topped low-fat yogurt or fresh fruit smoothies do the trick in a much healthier, weight loss-friendly way.
- Bacon: Rather than down a whole slab, satisfy your craving by using bits of bacon as an added flavor kick to a healthier choice. A delicious example - oven roasted Brussels sprouts garnished with bacon.
- Bread rolls: Choose whole grain options over white breads.
For more healthy and delicious treats, visit the Metabolic Research Center website. You'll find an array of weight loss-friendly recipes and dozens of pre-packaged products formulated to satisfy and shed pounds. And if you'd like a little extra help in side-stepping those temptations with a customized nutrition, exercise and lifestyle plan, call 800-501-8090 and speak with a dedicated weight loss specialist in your area.
SHARE THIS BLOG