Spice Up Your Weight Loss Program
Are you scared to start a weight loss program because you dread healthy, tasteless food? The good news is that healthy foods can be packed with delicious flavors that will make your taste buds sing. Many herbs and spices not only offer great flavor, they also offer multiple health benefits. Here’s a look at five delicious options that will spice up your weight loss program.
1) Cinnamon - Cinnamon offers multiple health benefits, including the ability to help lower blood sugar levels. It also has antioxidant effects, fights bacteria, helps control appetite, and helps to reduce inflammation in your body. Easily add cinnamon to your diet by sprinkling it on oatmeal, adding it to fruit, or adding a dash to a slice of whole wheat toast.
2) Ginger - Ginger is well known for its ability to soothe the stomach, but it offers many other health benefits as well. Some studies show that eating ginger may help prevent colon cancer, relieve heartburn, reduce inflammation, reduce pain, prevent colds, and offer relief from migraines. It also helps to curb your appetite and cut cravings, so add it to your favorite dishes.
3) Turmeric - Turmeric is a popular Indian spice that has the ability to reduce inflammation throughout the body, which often results in relieving pain associated with inflammation. It may also help to prevent heart attacks, fight cancer, and delay the onset of diabetes. Add turmeric to your diet by placing it in salad dressings, using it to help marinate chicken, sprinkling it in rice dishes, or adding a dash to your scrambled eggs.
4) Cayenne - Cayenne pepper packs a powerful punch of flavor, and the ingredients found in hot peppers help to boost fat burning as well. This pepper also helps to reduce blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart attack, lower cholesterol, and relieve arthritis pain. If you want to add cayenne pepper to your food, start small as you get used to the heat.
5) Garlic - Garlic offers delicious flavor to multiple dishes, yet it also offers multiple health benefits. It can help your body metabolize carbohydrates and fats, helping you reach your weight loss goals. Garlic also offers important nutrients, helps boost immune function, lowers blood pressure, reduces the risk of heart disease, and acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory.
SHARE THIS BLOG