Eight Great Muscle-Soothing Workout Tips
Whether you're hitting the cardio hard or pumping some iron, if a work out is truly effective, you'll feel it - both during your exercises and afterward. For some, it can be enough to dissuade them from continuing a regular exercise routine. Metabolic Research Center offers these tips to help soothe your post-workout muscle pain and soreness, ensuring you'll stick with it.
- Before your workout, enjoy a low-fat, high-carb snack with a bit of protein, and drink a cup of caffeinated tea or coffee to help boost muscular strength and endurance.
- Warm up with a bit of pre-workout cardio and stretching to properly prep your muscles and joints.
- Don't stop moving during your workout. Keep a constant, steady pace so that fresh blood continues pumping, delivering repairing oxygen to your taxed muscles.
- Keep that water bottle with you and stay hydrated with a few swigs at least once every 15 minutes.
- If you're a heavy sweater, down an electrolyte-infused sports drink during or immediately after your workout. They deliver essential salts that help to regulate heartbeat, nerve function and muscular contractions.
- Close out your exercise session with a good stretch and a foam roller massage to help boost blood flow back to your muscles and knead out any knots.
- Immediately post-workout, down a snack with a 4:1 ration of carbs to protein to restore spent nutrients.
- Wrap it all up with a cold post-workout shower to reduce muscle inflammation.
For more exercise and nutrition guidance, call 800-501-8090 and speak with a Metabolic Research Center weight loss specialist today.
SHARE THIS BLOG