Six Benefits of Exercise
Exercise is a must for a healthy lifestyle. And its benefits go far beyond a svelte figure. Here are six top reasons to get moving today.
- Exercise controls your weight: Exercise burns calories, which helps to shed pounds and maintain a healthy weight. The more intense the activity, the more calories you burn.
- Exercise combats disease: Regular exercise can prevent high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high sugar - all of which can lead to heart disease and diabetes. Other conditions that exercise can help keep at bay include metabolic syndrome, depression, arthritis and certain types of cancer.
- Exercise is can improve your mood: Physical activity stimulates production of cerebral chemicals like serotonin and dopamine, which serve to boost feelings of happiness, confidence and relaxation.
- Exercise boosts energy: Regular physical activity improves muscle strength and endurance. It helps to deliver oxygen and nutrients to your tissues, which allows your cardiovascular system work more efficiently, which in turn boosts energy.
- Exercise improves sleep: Getting plenty of exercise can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep.
- Exercise can put the spark back into your sex life:Regular physical activity can help to enhance arousal for women. And men who exercise are less likely to have problems with erectile dysfunction than are men who don't exercise. Plus, a trimmed and toned body is a confidence booster.
Need a little more help getting motivated to exercise? Metabolic Research Center weight loss specialist can develop a nutrition and exercise plan tailored for your unique needs and goals. Call 800-501-8090 to find the location nearest you.
SHARE THIS BLOG