Five Reasons You're Always Hungry
A first step to losing weight and keeping it off is effectively controlling your hunger. Sounds simple - but for some, hunger seems an ever-present antagonist. Metabolic Research Center offers five top explanations as to why you constantly feel hungry and what you can do about it.
- You skip breakfast: Skipping breakfast can make you 4.5 times more likely to be obese, research shows. That's because it slows down your metabolism, makes you hungry, switches your body into fat-storage mode, and boosts chances that you'll overeat at lunch or dinner. Start each day with a healthy, high-protein meal every morning to help stave off hunger.
- You camp out in front of the TV: A US Department of Agriculture study showed that that those who watch TV for more than two hours a day are more likely to be overweight. Not only is it a sedentary activity, but all those snack-pushing commercials can prompt you to overindulge in high-calorie foods and sugary drinks.
- You’re burned out at work: In one recent study that examined the eating habits of 230 women, researchers found that those who reported feeling burned out or dissatisfied at work were more likely to experience emotional or uncontrolled eating compared to those who were satisfied with their jobs.
- You drink too much: Drinking alcohol boosts levels of ghrelin, a hormone that makes you feel hungry. Limiting your intake will help reduce chances you'll overdo it at dinner.
- You don't get enough sleep: A University of Chicago study revealed that participants ate an average221 more calories in snack foods the day after getting 5.5 hours of sleep compared to days following 8.5 hours of rest.That's because sleep deprivation lowers levels of the fullness hormone leptin while boosting levels of the hunger hormone ghrelin.
If you struggle with constant, Metabolic Research Center can help. Our weight loss specialists can develop a customized nutrition and exercise plan that will keep you feeling satisfied. Call 800-501-8090 to locate the center nearest you.
SHARE THIS BLOG