Hormone Imbalance Can Wreak Havoc
Despite our best efforts, sometimes hormones are the culprit behind sluggish weight loss. When hormones are out of balance we may feel discouraged, moody or disheartened, but often a few key nutritional changes can offer the greatest impact.
1. Eat enough and eat regularly. This alone can help signal hormones. While all nutrients are important, hormones depend largely on minerals and essential fats. Be sure to eat regularly throughout the day to balance insulin and cortisol levels so your brain sends the entire hormonal matrix the signal that everyone is a-ok.
2. Avoid high levels of omega 6s and get a better ratio between your 6 and 3s. Omega 3s are necessary for maintaining proper weight loss, but also hormonal health.
3. Limit caffeine. Caffeine can disproportionately raise and lower hormone levels. Be sure to include caffeine as a healthy part of your diet, but don't overdo it or your hormone balance could take a turn.
4. Choose superfoods. You have no doubt heard of goji berries and acai, but how about maca and ashwagandha? Shown to be safe for most people, these superfoods can help keep your hormone levels balanced in relation to weight loss. One of our specialists can help you decide which superfoods and supplements are most ideal for your personal needs.
5. Eat cruciferous veggies. Cruciferous veggies not only help us eliminate toxins, but they also regulate hormones while doing so. Think broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale, and other leafy greens.
Metabolic Research Center is dedicated to helping you tweak and balance your hormonal health. We know that this one thing can make the greatest impact on your overall health when it comes to revitalizing your overall wellness. We look forward to helping you learn more at one of our weight loss centers soon. Please call us at 800-501-8090.
SHARE THIS BLOG