Six Reasons to Get More Exercise
Everyone knows that exercise is a must for maintaining a svelte figure, particularly as we age. But the benefits of regular physical activity go much further. Here are a few of the top reasons to get moving now.
- Exercise controls weight: Exercise burns calories, which helps to shed pounds and maintain weight loss. The more intense the activity, the more calories you burn. But you don't have to run a marathon. A short, brisk walk or even simply doing your household chores can help.
- Exercise fights disease: Regular exercise can reduce your risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high sugar - all of which can lead to heart disease and diabetes. Other conditions that exercise can help prevent include metabolic syndrome, depression, arthritis and certain types of cancer.
- Exercise boosts your mood: Physical activity boostsproduction of cerebral chemicals like dopamine and serotonin, both of which increase feelings of happiness, confidence and relaxation.
- Exercise increases energy: Exercise helps to deliver oxygen and nutrients to your tissues, which allows your cardiovascular system work more efficiently, which in turn boosts energy, muscle strength and endurance.
- Exercise improves sleep: Getting plenty of exercise can help you fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly.
- Exercise revs up your sex life:Regular physical activity can enhance sexual arousal for women and reduce the risk of issues like erectile dysfunction in men. Plus, a trimmed and toned body is a confidence booster.
Ready to get healthy? Metabolic Research Center weight loss specialist can develop a nutrition and exercise plan tailored for your particular needs and goals. Call 800-501-8090 to find the location nearest you.
SHARE THIS BLOG